In most mining applications the removal of rock usually involves blasting.
A mining engineer is faced with maximising blast efficiency and minimising
costs. These conflicting requirements can best be achieved with the use
of StemTite Blast Control Plugs.
StemTite Plugs are placed in the stemming zone of the blast hole, to
increase the containment of the explosive gases. The resultant increase
in explosive energy is transmitted to the rock mass, and is utilised to
fragment the rock more effectively.
- Uncontaminated Ore Hauled On
- To The R.O.M. With No Oversize
- Rock Evident After Blasting With
Full utilisation of explosive energy usually permits hole patterns
to be expanded, and/or the use of larger diameter holes.
- Containing the explosive gases results in a uniformed distribution
of explosive energy in each blast hole. As a consequence, ore dilution
is greatly reduced.
- Improved energy containment permits a higher explosive column, which
reduces the required stemming height by up to 35%. Oversize in the top
section of a blast is drastically reduced as a result.
- Truck Hauling Good Fragmented
- Rock From The Pit Floor After
- Blasting With StemTite